csForum is a
powerful, web based light-weight forum. Many forums on the market are very
cumbersome and hard to understand. There are so many settings on some of
them that you never really know what you are doing. Many of the forums, in
fact, are complete websites. That is great if that is what you want.
But what if all you want is to add one or more forums to your existing
website? We have solved that problem for you by developing csForum!
I guess the best thing I can say about csForum
is that it is the forum you have all been waiting for. it is not
cumbersome, it does not take hours to configure, and it does not
"become" your site. It is quite simply, the one and only forum
you have been looking for.
As you have come to expect from CGISCRIPT.NET we
have simplified things for you. We made a light weight forum that can be
easily added to any website.
The look and feel is totally customizable - simply edit the template files using your favorite HTML editor.
|Powerful Features -- Endless Flexibility|
- Manage all your forums using any web browser.
- You can allow the public to add entries into your
- Powerful swear filter that you control.
If you want them to be able to swear, go for it. But if there are
certain words you do not want them to say simply add them to the list.
Or use our comprehensive default swear list to ward off any bad mouths out
- Optional image verification or CAPTCHA to reduce spamming.
- Unlimited number of forums can be created.
- Add forums to various areas of your website.
- Intuitive User Interface - csForum can be provided to any large audience with little or no employee training. The user interface is so easy to learn, users are up and running in minutes.
- Custom Entry Fields - for the ultimate in flexibility, create your own set of
entry fields the user fills out before submitting.
- Administrators can easily modify or delete any
submission they deem offensive or off subject.
- Cross Platform Compatibility - Whether csForum Publish is installed on your Web server or ours, your community can access your calendars from any machine with a Web browser.
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) - Customize your calendars via the CSS. Control almost all the aesthetic details (color scheme, fonts, etc.) from a single template.
- New to CGI, multiple templates to choose from!
- Save and download email addresses for later
- Full Access to Source Code - You're in charge with csForum. Written in Perl with the source code clearly defined, it's the ultimate flexible tool. You'll be able to modify the program to do exactly what you need.
- Central management password required to gain access.
- Save time and work by easily maintaining your forum
- FTP no longer required to manage your forum.
- No more managing multiple html files.
- Easily Add, modify, delete forum entries.
- Easy to use "Links Wizard" that makes adding the
- Adjust the date display type accordingly (choice of 6 date formats):
- MM/DD/YYYY - MM-DD-YYYY - MM.DD.YYYY
- DD/MM/YYYY - DD-MM-YYYY - DD.MM.YYYY
- Multiple ways to integrate the forum into your web site:
- Server side includes (SSI)
- Easy to modify template files (more below).
- Entire script is template driven - easily change the complete look and feel using your favorite web site editor.
- Easy web based administration - all management is done through your browser.
- Compatible with both Windows and Unix based servers.
Everyone knows what forums are used for.
How csForum is different is that it can be used in multiple places of your
website. You can have a thread started in your sports talk area. You
can have a completely different discussion started in your dog grooming
area. You can use csForum to set up forums all over your site yet manage
them from one location. Use the script to literally start discussions on
any page of your website.
- Perl 5.005 or higher.
- A Web Server - Works on UNIX, Linux, and Windows Servers!
- CGI Access.
- The ability to write to your server directories.
- Application README file (sent with order)